Category talk:Science and MBT
Create the Discussion page. --Ted Vollers 15:08, 6 June 2011 (CDT)
I must be doing something wrong here, but what? Why does it create the category Indexed Pages and not the one that I want linking it to the home category? --Ted Vollers 15:08, 6 June 2011 (CDT)
- You used the link format [[:Category:Home]] rather than the category insert format [[Category:Home]]. The __INDEX__ seems to automatically throw categories into the Indexed pages category (which seems fine to me).
- I edited that : typo out and it still did not seem to work right and the __INDEX__ does not do that everywhere. Here is the only place I have noticed. --Ted Vollers 15:46, 6 June 2011 (CDT)
- Look here: http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Category:From_the_MBT_Forums It's categories that have __INDEX__ only, not pages. --David Mathis 17:03, 6 June 2011 (CDT)
- Well look at the Portal page now after I tried to add the Home catagory and the index category. All that shows properly is the index category. It is the inconsistency that makes no sense to me. --Ted Vollers 17:52, 6 June 2011 (CDT)
- Something changes over time as I went back to the Portal Page and refreshed it again and this time both categories came up properly. There are bugs in the Wiki software or at least as they say, unlisted features as they used to say rather than admit an actual bug. --Ted Vollers 17:55, 6 June 2011 (CDT)
- Now I understand the problem source. My eyesight. I have been having blurrier than usual vision the past day or so and I just did not see the extra colon in the text in my 'cheat sheet' or when I pasted it into the pages. My right eye was infected and I almost lost it after cataract surgery and the retina is distorted. Some times I have worse trouble than others as my dominant eye changes frequently. When my right eye becomes dominant, I get a lot of blurring. I know nothing to do except expensive eye surgery that I can't afford. Thank you for fixing those David. --Ted Vollers 18:07, 6 June 2011 (CDT)
- My eyesight is not too great either. I had lasik 11 years ago and they screwed up my corneas. Now light hits my cornea incorrectly and caused my to see artifacts and there is nothing that can be done. The laser shave my cornea so thin that there is none left to shave back to the correct shape. Oh well, perhaps in my next life I will have better sight.